This search is now closed.
Hebrew College seeks applications, inquiries and nominations for experienced and innovative individuals to fill the position of Director of Enrollment Management. The Director will develop and implement the graduate school’s enrollment recruitment programs that will achieve the enrollment goals for each of the graduate programs.
Located on a picturesque tree-lined hilltop in Newton Centre, MA, Hebrew College is a private, not-for-profit degree granting institution (baccalaureate through doctoral level) with adult and youth programming. The College promotes excellence in Jewish learning and leadership within a pluralistic environment of open inquiry, intellectual rigor, personal engagement and spiritual creativity. Hebrew College empowers and inspires individuals to contribute their voices and vision to the Jewish Community and to bring Jewish values to bear upon the critical issues of our time.
Graduate schools and programs include the Rabbinical School, the School of Jewish Music, the Jewish Studies Program, and the Shoolman Graduate School of Jewish Education. Hebrew College also offers non degree courses, Adult Learning programs, and Youth Education programs for Middle and High School students.
Faculty members at Hebrew College are among the most distinguished scholars and leaders in the world. Faculty biographies can be found at http://hebrewcollege.edu/faculty-biographies and http://www.hebrewcollege.edu/notable-and-quotable. Additional information about Hebrew College may be found at www.HebrewCollege.edu and on Facebook.
About the Position
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, and a member of the President’s leadership team, the Director of Enrollment Management will serve as the College’s senior admissions professional. Primary recruitment initiatives include the development of an annual plan and schedule, as well as day-to-day operations including all recruitment activities, research and planning, communications, budget management, scholarship programs, and other financial aid.
The Director will increase the visibility of Hebrew College and its progams among potential target audiences, provide significant input to the marketing plan, and work closely with the Marketing team to drive awareness, applications, and enrollments. The Director of Enrollment Management will also represent Hebrew College at key recruiting events coordinating with other staff as needed, and will stay abreast of trends among our target communities, in higher education, and in the recruitment marketplace. The Director will be a hands-on leader, serving as an individual contributor for Hebrew College’s degree programs. Finally, the Director will be an active participant in discussions of emerging new roles for spiritual and educational religious leaders, ensuring that the College remains at the forefront in preparing its students to respond to unmet needs as they assume leadership roles within the Jewish community.
Primary responsibilities include these:
* Provide strategic leadership in advancing the College’s recruitment, retention and enrollment goals
* Identify and expand the range of target audiences to include national and international audiences. Develop and execute enrollment plans and tactics to attract and retain high caliber students
* Achieve annual enrollment and net tuition revenue goals for each program
* Collaborate with Marketing team to build awareness of, and interest in, the College and its Graduate programs
* Collaborate with academic leadership, faculty and staff on all recruitment activities to ensure alignment and achievement of key objectives
* Effectively use technology, data analysis, and a CRM system in tracking, measuring progress towards, and achieving enrollment objectives
* Maintain the College’s commitment to superior customer services
* Design scholarship programs and incentives, manage financial aid activity and integrate the admissions process with the Registrar’s processes
* Ensure compliance with all federal and state admissions regulations.
The ideal candidate will be an effective, energetic, persuasive, innovative and creative professional with extensive experience in graduate admissions and enrollment management as well as demonstrated success in developing and implementing programs that achieve enrollment goals. Also required is experience with financial aid and scholarship practices as they relate to enrollment, including some exposure to private, tuition-driven higher education institutions. The successful candidate will have an understanding and appreciation of Jewish community and Jewish educational programs, along with a demonstrated commitment to embracing an institution’s mission.
A Bachelor’s degree is required, though an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
Other qualifications include:
* Working knowledge of enrollment management best practices, particularly for graduate higher education, as well as ability to develop a strategic plan and implement steps needed to achieve it
* Practical experience in balancing revenue generation with a commitment to the academic quality of all programs
* Comprehensive knowledge about and experience with identifying a wide array of target groups for recruitment
* Knowledge of international student requirements for study in the U. S.
* Knowledge of Jenzabar and its modules, and ability to teach others how to maximize their use of this software program
* Strong planning, creative and innovative capabilities balanced with an ability to successfully implement new initiatives and maximize available resources
* Adept at being both a leader and a hands-on contributor
* Proficiency with the use of technology in all phases of the enrollment processes, and skill in analyzing data to drive decision-making and metrics to track results
* Skilled in leading change and building a compelling case for what is needed
* Able to inspire others and recognize that the achievement of enrollment objectives will necessarily engage the entire College community
* Demonstrated customer orientation, passionate about communicating both to a broad audience and one-on-one as needed
* Capable of building strong working partnerships across the institution and with external constituencies (secondary educators, advising staff, professional association members, and others)
* Demonstrated skill as a resourceful and resilient problem solver
* Able to work well independently and in conjunction with others.
Interested individuals should send a letter describing their interest in and qualifications for the position, a resume, and contact information including e-mail addresses for five references. The packet should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line in the e-mail should be DEMHC.
Nominations and confidential inquiries will be received by Dr. Leila Moore at 603-978-0316 or Bill Spelman at 585-787-9742. Confidentiality will be maintained, and references will not be contacted without prior knowledge or approval of the candidate. The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Hebrew College is an Equal Opportunity Employer