What You Can Expect From Our Guide.
In this guide are important questions for consideration, tips about how to best present your résumé in context of the job for which you’ve applied, interview tips, samples of an application letter and résumé, and much more.
Review the chapter listing
- A Message from the President, William Spelman
- How Will I Know When It’s Time To Move On?
- Personal considerations
- External factors
- Preparing Materials for A Job Search
- Develop a professional statement
- Assess your qualifications
- The importance of studying position announcements
- Prepare your résumé
- Select and prepare those who will serve as references or nominators
- Prepare your letters of application
- Telephone and Face to Face Interviews
- The telephone interview
- The face to face, off-site interview
- The face to face, on-campus interview
- Parting Thoughts and Good Wishes
- Sample résumé
- Résumé work sheet
- Assessment of qualifications
- Résumé assessment: personal preferences
- Sample letter of application